Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Crispy Pata - another hit at Kulinarya

When I called Kulinarya to order this dish again, the owner said "you just had this last night", what he didn't know was, last night's order was just for taste testing, and this time the call was to order it for our Christmas family dinner. I got the Crispy Pata on December 24th, worried that it might be a "pork jerky" by then, I went to order anyway. Just 10 minutes in the oven and it's crispy again. It was a hit.
Crispy Pata (fried pork legs, "pata" means pork feet in Spanish) is either a make it or break it dish, if you don't know how to cook it, it would taste like oil or it would be too salty or the pork skin is not crispy. This dish is very high in cholesterol, again, another common Filipino dish at parties, and it should only be eaten at parties, and never should be a daily dish at home.

Kulinarya did well on this dish, not oily at all, crispy (not cripsy), they have made a certain flavour on this dish that attracts your salty pallet but with some sweet aftertaste, the dipping sauce is a common recipe and is meant to eliminate the oilyness of the dish, but theirs has a certain flavour that blends well with the dish, you've got to try it.

This restaurant is starting to become a favorite, (I better start writing some disclaimers on my blog, you might think I'm friends with the owners), so far all the dishes I've tried are "take outs", I haven't written about the ambience, but I don't really care much about that, what impresses me first is how delicious the food would be and Kulinarya so far, is still on the upswing chart.

Stay tuned for the next dish... Chicken Lolipop
....



No comments: