Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Escabeche - another delicious dish at Kulinarya - 5 stars !!

Escabeche (Sweet and Sour Fish, whether red snapper or tilapia) is one of the most common dish in Filipino events and parties. The deep fried fish, cooked crisp, with a special sweet and sour sauce poured over the top. There is a certain way of deep frying the fish so that the cooking oil doesn't stay with the fish when cooked.

I tried this "Escabeche" dish at Kulinarya. This dish, I must say, is in a different league to the Kare-Kare and Kalderetta that I mentioned in my previous post. It's not too sweet and not too sour, I can compare it to the Escabeche dish that they served at big restaurants in Manila. Even if they had used tilapia instead of the red snapper, I would think that it tasted almost the same.

There's a Chinese grocery deli nearby, a deep fried tilapia dish would cost you about $6 - 7, it tastes alright, but be prepared to taste the cooking oil in the fish. For another $5 ($12), Kulinarya offer the Escabeche, not oily at all, can't go wrong on this one, whether for a party or for just tonight's meal. It's simply delicious.

Another 5 star rating !!!

For the folks who know me... you know what I am talking about when a dish is delicious.

Try it..

No comments: