Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Kulinarya Filipino Restaurant in Coquitlam - 5 stars

A Filipino restaurant in Coquitlam !, it is in a convenient place for a restaurant, Glen Drive and Johnson, by the mini strip mall, ample parking, just north of the mall. It's a small restaurant, I'd say about 8 - 9 tables, bright, clean and newly opened.

I've been there two times last week, but it just keeps my interest going for good tasting Filipino food. The Beef Stew (Kalderetta) is the first one I tried, and I tell you this is the best Kalderetta one can ever taste (sorry Nonoy, you have been replaced), not too salty, the beef is cooked tender enough, and not too saucy. My son never liked Kalderetta but this one passed his taste buds with mucho gusto. The following day, I went there again and tried their Kare-kare (Beef/tripe stew in peanut sauce with vegetables) and no doubt, just like the Kalderetta, very delicious.

I will be trying all their dishes one at a time (calories galore). Stay tuned for an update, I'd be trying the crispy pata next and then Escabeche (did I spell that right ?) tilapia with sweet and sour sauce Filipino style.

Kulinarya Filipino Restaurant, Johnson and Glen Streets in Coquitlam. I don't want to say too much about how good the food is at this restaurant, but you've got to try it to experience it, I'd give this restaurant 5 stars.

I recommend this restaurant, the servings are modest, a dish would be good for two people.

I'd be telling everyone I know about this restaurant.

No comments: